Please note: Information contained in these presentation materials is
disseminated only as of the date of the particular presentation and is not
necessarily updated by the company.
Any opinions, estimates or forecasts regarding KeyCorp's performance
made by management are only made as of the presentation date.
Forward-looking statements The conference call and discussion including
related questions and answers, and presentation materials, contain "forward-looking
statements" about issues like anticipated improvement in earnings, expected
expense reductions and revenue growth, and related objectives. Forward-looking
statements by their nature are subject to assumptions, risks and uncertainties.
For a variety of reasons, actual results could differ materially from those
contained in or implied by the forward-looking statements:
- Interest rates could change more quickly or more significantly than
- If the economy changes significantly in an unexpected way, the demand
for new loans and the ability of borrowers to repay outstanding loans
may change in ways that our models do not anticipate.
- The stock and bond markets could suffer a significant disruption,
which may have a negative effect on our financial condition and that
of our borrowers, and on our ability to raise money by issuing new securities.
- It could take us longer than we anticipate to implement strategic
initiatives designed to increase revenue or manage expenses, or we may
be unable to implement those initiatives at all.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of assets, business units or affiliates
could affect us in ways that management has not anticipated.
- We may become subject to new legal obligations or the resolution
of existing litigation may have a negative effect on our financial condition.
- We may become subject to new and unanticipated accounting, tax,
or regulatory practices or requirements.